I LOVE the Imaginisce i-Top tool so I was excited to hear we were suppose to create a button project using it. I finally decided on an Easter Wreath that I could hang on my door. I have seen lots of these tulle wreaths being made around Halloween and knew I wanted to try to make one. It you can tie your shoes, you can make this wreath. Yes, it is that easy, and Imaginisce tools can make it even easier for you!
You will need a small styrofoam wreath (mine was 10" in diameter. It will look bigger once the tulle is tied on)
2 yards of tulle
yellow and orange spray inks
i-Top and medium buttons
1. Cut the tulle into 6" wide strips. Then cut the strips into 12" lengths. I used my Imaginisce CutBright Rotary Cutter and CutRight Acrylic Ruler to cut my strips in no time at all.
2. Fold the strips in half lengthwise, and then fold in half again. (Your strip is now 1 1/2" x 12") Tie around wreath using any knot you want. Tie the other strips on in the same way, pushing the strips together on the wreath until you are happy with its fullness.3. Now we are ready to decorate it. I wanted to repurpose these flowers, so we are going to cut the stems off and pull them apart. This way we can use an i-top button in the middle and make attaching the flowers to the wreath a breeze.
4. I love the nubby texture of canvas and thought it would work great as the center of my flowers. Using the medium i-top template, I traced the shape and cut it out. I was concerned that it might be too bulky if I had just cut a circle.
5. Now we can dye the canvas using our yellow spray ink. My ink unfortunately is clogged, so I placed my canvas pieces in an embossing tray, and dab on the ink with the plastic tube from the ink bottle. Then I wanted to add some orange ink just around the edges. I find this method less messy then spraying when I want total coverage.
11. Add a few Easter picks and your wreath is complete.
Imaginisce i-Top and Medium Buttons, CutBright Rotary Cutter, CutRight Acrylic Ruler, i-Punch, i-Rock Mini Iron, i-Magicut Ribbon Cutter
Celebrate It: wired ribbon, 2 yards tulle, Prima mist-able canvas sheet, flowers, Easter picks, wire, Floracraft10" styrofoam wreath, October Afternoon Sprinklers in Lemon Drop and Comet Tail
I hope you will check out the great tools Imaginisce has and give them a try :)